Since all of our restaurants and kitchens are real-life classrooms; menus and service styles are based on strict academic guidelines and may change without notice. Even though you will feel like at any regular restaurant, we ask you to kindly respect some basic rules so all our students can maximize their learning experience
All of our restaurants are only open to Les Roches students, faculty, staff & family members when accompanied by the person who invited them. Tacot Restaurant and Tacot Bar is open to public since 2018.
Students & faculty must present their cards for billing purposes. ID cards must be swiped upon arrival at the digital access points.
There are strict guidelines regarding the use of ID cards, please click here for details (see next page)
Personal Appearance and Behavior
Guests will be denied entry into restaurants if not dressed & groomed according to the school’s standards
of excellence and each restaurant’s corresponding dress code
Guests’s belongings need to be placed in the locker rooms and cannot be left on the lounge area at the entrance of the restaurants.
Guests need to behave in accordance with the industry standard and expectations. Failure to do so may result in the guest being asked to leave the dining area, not being allowed to return to the restaurant and losing disciplinary points as stated in the school’s standards of excellence.
Guests are allowed to use their mobile phone in the restaurant.
Guests are allowed to take off their business jackets during the meal.
The following items are not allowed in the restaurants:
Students on full board package are entitled to breakfast, lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday. Brunch and dinner on weekends
Students on half board package are entitled to breakfast and lunch only from Monday to Friday
If a student wishes to eat outside of the purchased meal plan, they must pay directly at the restaurant.
Faculty, staff and family members enjoy preferential rates in all of our restaurants. See our prices here. Bills must be settled directly at the restaurant at the time of dining, please be aware that not all the outlets accept credit card payments
- It is compulsory to present the student card to the gate control of each restaurant upon arrival and swipe it on the screen (ONCE only)
- Entrance will be denied if student does not present his/her student card.
- If student refuses to look for his/her card, the meal will be fully charged into his/her student account, regardless of the meal plan purchased at the beginning of the semester.
- Students will be exceptionally allowed to enter the restaurant if they lose their card. However they need to obtain a new card at the reception during opening hours for a charge of CHF 30 and this, within a maximum of 3 days. Failure to renew the card will lead to an immediate charge of all meals consumed during the period with no card.
- Every week, students suspected to misuse or abuse the restaurant gate control procedures and card usage policies will receive a notification from the F&B office with details about the charges and behaviour points deduction taking place. The student have up to 5 working days to appeal the charge directly at the F&B office, before it becomes effective.
- The student card is a personal ID. Students are not allowed to lend it to another students
- There is only one student card per student. Lost and found cards are to be sent immediately to the front office or security guards. These cards are no longer active and cannot be used.
- Students experiencing problems with their ID cards (denied or blocked) must report it to the Student Accommodation Department